- What you claim on must be work related, and you paid for it out of your own money. You must have a record to prove it.
- Allowances must be shown on your income statement. For example, you might get meal allowances when you’re travelling; or you carry out dangerous work.
- Uniforms: You can claim on buying uniforms, mending and dry cleaning them if they are unique to your job- scrubs fit in this category. Non-slip shoes also fall into this category.
- Education: self-education that is directly related to your job you can claim on. All products in our education section fall in this category.
- Other common deductible items include calculators, nurse equipment, union and professional fees, professional publications.
Always check with your accountant or tax office to make sure this information is correct for you.
We hope this helps you get a good tax return.
Stay happy and healthy.