Child Abuse and Neglect
Paramedics and emergency nurses must be aware of the processes for responding to suspected child abuse and neglect and understand the way in which organisational policies and procedures articulate with their legal responsibilities to report cases of suspected abuse and neglect.
This short course can also be found as part of the more comprehensive CPD Course Violence, Abuse and Assault.
When you have completed this course you should be able to:
- Understand the effects of abuse, in particular how it impacts as a harm to children.
- Identify common risk factors for Child Abuse and Neglect.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of Child Abuse and Neglect.
- Discuss appropriate documentation in cases of Child Abuse and Neglect.
- Describe actions to report and protect victims of Child Abuse and Neglect.
- The importance of identifying appropriate local interventions and support connections.
- The need to familiarise yourself with organisational policies and procedures.