Senior managers may be the most visible leaders in the nursing hierarchy, but they are not the only people who can and do display leadership in the work environment. You can do it, too.
Good leadership encompasses a range of capabilities such as communication and social awareness. Understanding the links between these various capabilities will assist in identifying how to build your own leadership capability. In this course, you’ll come to understand that everyone, including newly registered nurses, has an important part to play in nursing leadership. You will also learn some simple strategies to increase your leadership knowledge and skills at work.
- Understand the responsibility everyone has for leadership.
- Identify how transformational leadership behaviours can be implemented.
- Identify opportunities to display leadership behaviours.
- Start building your own leadership capability.
- Recognise the role that emotional intelligence has in leadership.