Emergency Presentations – Overdose and Poisoning
A poisoned patient may present with a wide range of clinical features – from no symptoms through to a life-threatening condition or the potential to deteriorate rapidly; patients should therefore always be assessed immediately.
At the completion of this Course you will have covered:
- Key aspects of assessment, monitoring and diagnostics.
- Management of ingested, inhaled and contact poisons.
- Assessment, symptoms and management of a range of common drugs.
- Assessment, symptoms and management of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Assessment, symptoms and management of various harmful chemical substances.