Healthy Ageing – Part Two
Identifies the issues surrounding Healthy Ageing and investigates the current gap between a holistic preventative approach and the existing health focus on the treatment of disease.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Identify critical pathways to healthy ageing.
- Explain the implications of understanding older adults’ experiences of life and life transitions.
- Understand the major contributions older people make to the health of the community.
- Consider the prevailing health focus on disease and acute care.
- Identify the most important gaps in nursing research knowledge related to older persons.
- Identify health promotion strategies, considering the health literacy needs of older people.
- Describe the most important influences on health and wellbeing among the ageing population.